LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

readout fast large data

hi i have a question:

i have a lage file and what i need to readout this file word by word. so the code is working, but very slow. how can i readout it faster, what is the best way, because i need this data  pixel by pixe (each pixel is a 32 bit vektor) the pixel are safed in a 1D array.

So one idea: two processes. first process:readout the file in array by array mode (not pixel by pixel) buffer this array in a queue and in a second process i read this array pixel by pixel out.of this queue and the first process reads the next 1 d array from the file... is this a good idea?

THX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,397 Views)

Hi,

just a trivial answer : remove the "wait 1000ms, but I'm quite sure that you already thought about it...
Best regards,
Vincent 

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,385 Views)
Why are you reading the file byte by byte? It is much faster to read all the bytes in the file in one operation. You are checking the file size every time your loop runs. Is this really necessary? I have tuned your VI test the differenceSmiley Very Happy

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,379 Views)

yes it is necessary to read the file byte by byte, because i have to select something out, and to convert the 13 bit vectors.

THX for the idea with the 100 ms. but this is clear:)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,366 Views)

Why are you reading the file byte by byte? It is much faster to read all the bytes in the file in one operation. You are checking the file size every time your loop runs. Is this really necessary? I have tuned your VI test the difference:smileyvery-happy:

I need a pointer, to know what is the nect bzte i have to readout...or not?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,365 Views)
The file pointer remember current pos. So you do not have to bother with it.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,347 Views)
ok thx that's the first advancement, but it is also to slow
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,343 Views)