From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading in continuous I2S data

I have a DSP device sending I2S data into my PXI, I am using a producer consumer architecture and I cant get the data to be read properly. I beleive this is down to the multiple data lines it is dependant on LR line & Data line, I am using the decode.VI but that only takes in U32 data not multiple channels. How do I go about getting this data do be correctly read by in order to be processed by this VI?

Any examples or asistance would be appretiated.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,677 Views)

Hi nashm999,

I understand you have a problem getting data read by a decode.VI due to the VI taking U32 data and not multiple channels.

I would like to know more details on which decode.vi are you using? What toolkit is it from? Which Version of Labview are you running?

If you could provide me with this, I will be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,622 Views)

I have attached the Decode.vi I am using, I am running on labview 2013 base development System. I am having difficulties getting the input data into the type required by this VI 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,612 Views)

Hi ,

I have looked through your code,  I need to know a bit more things.

Where is your Digital Data Input coming from? What are the I2S parameters? 

Please let me know , so that I can help you.

I have found this white paper online that could help in the meantime.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9540/en/ 

Kind Regards ,

Mark Ghannam

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)

The VI's in the white paper example are what I am using, I am sending the I2S data from my master device into a 50MHz IO (PXIe-6537).

I think I may have found a solution to the problem I was having with the data types. I am now reading the data into the producer as a cluster and in the consumer converting the data to Binary U32 bit data which goes into the decode VI's without any arguments. 

Besides that white paper document there is not many examples to do with I2S

thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,575 Views)