From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading in a waveform from lecroy 9314A oscilliscope and plotting its spectrum

Im trying to read in a wave form from the lecroy 9314A Oscilliscope and plot its spectrum. Attached is one of my vi's but it isn't plotting the correct spectrum

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,050 Views)

The first question to ask is are you getting any data in from the Oscilloscope?  [This is the old "Is it the Hardware or the Software" question].  If you are getting a reasonable-looking Waveform in from the Hardware, then the problem is your Software, otherwise it is the Hardware.

Hardware first:  If the WaveGraph wire is empty (or when you connect it to a Graph to see its contents, it looks "wrong"), try to use MAX's Test Panels to send GPIB commands to the Scope and read the Waveforms into MAX.  Maybe it's simply "a Failure to Communicate".

On the other hand, if you have a good Waveform, then it's probably the Software.  Simplify, Simplify, Simplify.  Write a tiny Test VI using a "synthesized Waveform" (such as random numbers, or a Sinusoid from a Wave Generation routine) and test one or two of the steps you have in your larger program.  Find where it "breaks" -- it is simpler to fix code with basically a single straight Wire path and 3-5 functions than one with multiple wires and functions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,024 Views)

my waveform looks correct so im assuming its a software issue. The bulk of my code i got from an example built into labview that has preset waveforms that work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,999 Views)

This is what i get for a result for 1kHz sine wave but no matter what i change the frequency to the bar does not move from the bottom.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,994 Views)
Can you attach an image of the block diagram?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,979 Views)

i figured out my craph only works well for in the Mhz range and i had it working last week come back today and my charts for somereason are not updating correctly and im trying to refresh their memory

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,951 Views)