From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading frames in avi files

Solved!
Go to solution

Where did you find the old AVI read file?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,917 Views)

I got the same issue. My file size is about 26GB.  When I read in frames, it always stuck at the same frame number, which never happended for AVI read frames of old version . I believe there is bug in the AVI2 read frames

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(1,868 Views)

if you have imaq acquisition driver 2012, you will get the older version called Imaq AVI read frames. It works for large AVI file, but much slower than imaq AVI2 read frames.vi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,866 Views)

Hi there,

Does anyone knows if this problem has been solved with newer version of Vision? I'd simply like to read large avi files easely.

Regards,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,785 Views)

Not to my knowledge.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,774 Views)

How is it possible!!! This bug is reported since 2013, and stays in the vision distribution since then...

How do we know if NI is working on it?

regards,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,763 Views)

I have a feelign it's not on their priority list. I think very few people actually use large video files. Hopefully they will fix it soon though. Seems like an easy fix considering it was working well in the older versions.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,754 Views)

Hopefully...

The increasing use of ultra fast camera increase also the work on large avi files... I found it much more convenient than a list of pictures in a repertory...

Regards,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,742 Views)

Just ran into this bug myself when loading previously-working code from 2010 into LabVIEW 2016 (64-bit).

Any update from NI on a fix?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,579 Views)

@MatGG wrote:

Hi there,

Does anyone knows if this problem has been solved with newer version of Vision? I'd simply like to read large avi files easely.

Regards,

Matthieu

I'm here to say that it's still NOT fixed and lives even in the recent VDM 2017 and LabVIEW 2017 64-bit. The official doc's state that the issue was fixed in VDM 2013 SP1:

CAR ID: 403508 - The IMAQ AVI2 VIs cannot read some uncompressed AVIs.

But when I try to play some uncompressed AVI file (24 bits RGB (RV24), 2322 frames, 1 minute long, 30 fps, 808x584, w/ size of 3,06 Gb) I get this -1074395967 (BFF604C1) error either during opening the file (IMAQ AVI2 Open) or during the playback of the frame #756 (IMAQ AVI2 Read Frame). Tried to run with both System and Built-in Vision codecs - the result is the same. I can play this file in VLC or any other player without any problems. Well, I could try to run with older AVI instruments to see if it helps. If not then I could encode the video and check it out with AVI2 VIs again. As the last resort I could switch to libvlc API instead of Vision AVI VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,279 Views)