From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading default workspace folder

When I built my application with the application builder, let's say the end user install to

H:\program\myLV

My application creates a lot of data files that are needed for the program to run, let's say I wanted to keep all these data files in a folder calls "workspace".  How do I access to this folder?

Obviously if I hard code it I would know exactly where to locate "workspace" folder.  But when the user install the application, this entire installation folder along with ~\myLV\workspace can be anywhere on the hard drive so there is no way I know in advance.  Is there anywhere to work around this?  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)

To be compatible with restricted users access rights you have to choose a folder where the user has full access. Normally programs will be installed into the program folder where restricted users cannot write.

You must get the folder path from the registry. See this post where you can store the data files.

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 2 of 2
(2,115 Views)