LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading client message queue

Hi, Im new to programing and Labview and am workinig on integrating a control with my VI, currently I can write to the other program but can not hear back, the software direction that I have revieved from the manufacuter of my instrument say that when dne the program will post a message in the clients message quese with the wParam as a flag. however I do not know how to access the queue or to read it, any help would be much appriciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,611 Views)

@X-rayChemist wrote:

Hi, Im new to programing and Labview and am workinig on integrating a control with my VI, currently I can write to the other program but can not hear back, the software direction that I have revieved from the manufacuter of my instrument say that when dne the program will post a message in the clients message quese with the wParam as a flag. however I do not know how to access the queue or to read it, any help would be much appriciated. 

• Show us the VI.
  • What do you mean, "integrating a control"?
  • What is "the other program" to which you can write?
  • Post the code (not a picture) of the VI.
  • What is the Instrument?  It would be helpful to be able to read the manufacturer's Manual (which is probably online).
  • Attach your VI when you reply.  If you have too many VIs, attach a ZIP file containing all of them.
  • We need a lot more information in order to provide any help.  Please see the Bullet Points, above.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,602 Views)
How are you integrating this control? There isn't nearly enough info for me to even begin guessing.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,599 Views)

Here is the code trying to get labview to send comands to the program that operates the vortex detector. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)

Wow.  That code makes no sense to me at all!  One of the questions I asked was "What is the Instrument?".  You didn't answer, but your posted VI shows nothing that looks like the usual "Hardware" connections, but rather a confusing series of mysterious calls to some Software library.  It would really be helpful to know what was on the receiving end of all of this attention.

Now that I see your VI, another question is "Why are you using LabVIEW?".  I don't see that you are playing to LabVIEW's inherent strengths, which like in the design of Virtual Instruments (whatever they are).  I have a colleague who has LabVIEW installed on his PC, and now wants to force LabVIEW onto the local SuperComputer because he wants to do some directory searches, knows how to program a little in LabVIEW, so is lobbying to get LabVIEW shoe-horned onto this massive multi-core, multi-terabyte monster (I think running Linux) so he can create a sorted list of files.  "When your only Tool is a Hammer, Every Problem Becomes a Nail".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,551 Views)

From the terminology such as "wParam", I'm guessing the manufacturure means the Windows Message Queue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,532 Views)