LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading a 1d array of waveform from file?

I've written a program that reads data from three channels does some processing of the data while simultaneously writing the three waveform to one file.

In another post I found how to read my waveform file back into labview but the program only works for reading the first waveform in record. How can I modify it so that i can read my three waveforms back into labview. I've attached a copy of the read waveform vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,485 Views)
Hi,
there is an output from "Read waveform from file.vi" named "All waveforms in record". This outpu is organized in array of waveforms. So this is actually what you need. If you need to extract some particular waveform (for example #2) then you can use "Index array" funcrion from Array palette.

BTW if you want to add new waveforms to existing file you must change the "append to file" constant of "Write waveforms to file.vi" to TRUE.

Example is attached.

Good luck.

Oleg Chutko.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,484 Views)
I tried running this new version of the program but it doesn't read the entire waveform. In order to read the entire file, I have to change the read offset sequentially. How can I read it all at once.

In regards to your second point, I do have the append to file constant set to true.

thanks,
Banj
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,484 Views)
Check out the post "Reading entire waveform from file?" I think it will help.
The attached vi is from that post.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,475 Views)