LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read text on pocket pc PDA

I have been reading various issues on reading text on the PDA but I can't seem to solve it. When I run the VI on the desktop, everything runs perfect. But when I put it on the PDA, nothing works. I'm attaching the VI and the text file that I am using on the desktop. I looked at the text file on the PDA itself and it looks different that when I transfer it to the desktop. It gets converted somehow. Anyways, I've also attached an example of how the text looks on the PDA. Please help.

Marcos
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,453 Views)
Hi Marcos,

I hope you are doing well today! I have the PDA module on my computer but don't have access to a PDA right now. What happens when you build a random array of 1000 elements and display that on your PDA? Does it still give you an inconsistent graph?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,431 Views)
I actually can't read anything on the PDA when I select the text file. I have tried every which way I could think of to save data and read data. But I don't know what the problem is. Every method I use on the desktop works, but as soon as I transfer to PDA, I can't read anything. Attached is the VI that I use to acquire data. I use the standard acquire multiple analog signals vi for the pda but I added the index array function to separate the array into its three signals that I had coming into the CF-6004. Then I convert those arrays into strings that are tab delimited and into the save binary file. (I even tried to save at text file but I get the same results and problems). So when I recorded data, it was at 500 samples per channel and I had 4 acquisitions per signal. So signal 0 generates a text file with 4 different blocks of 500 samples a piece. The example of the text file is in the previous message I left. However this is how it looks when I transfer from PDA to desktop. When I look at the data directly on the PDA, the data is formed the same way. But I can't read it on the PDA. When I tried reading using the read text file vi ( with some slight modifications) for the PDA, nothing comes out. I can't see the time stamp, which would be the very first data point. However, what is odd is that I can move the cursor on the time stamp box 4 rows. No more and no less. Which means the text reader knows that there are 4 blocks of data that it needs to read, but it is just not displaying the data. What do you suppose is the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,414 Views)
Hi Marcos,

What version of DAQmx Base driver are you using? And, what model of PDA do you have?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,380 Views)
I am using version 2.1 with labview module 8.0. My pda is a Dell Axim X50V with pocket pc windows 2003.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,372 Views)