From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read hex from eprom and compare to burn file

I need to read hex files from programmed eprom ic's at different addresses and compare their outputs to a burn file to make sure they were programmed correctly. I do not yet know what format the burn files will be in but at this point i am just curious what hardware i will be needing and an overall concept of reading hex files. Can i simply use the visa read and visa write through the com1/com2 serial port, is this the simplest way?  I am using labview 2010 and have access to a pxi-1033 chassis with a 6509 module and also a 5422 module along with standard serial connections on the back of my pc.  Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)

Does your EEPROM have a serial interface?

I think you should avoid trying to build an interface with your DIO and Arb just for reading.

What do you use for programming the EEPROMs? That device probably has a readback and verify function which will be much simpler to work with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,229 Views)