LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read data from Serial communication with DB 9 and move cursor position

Hi,

I am doing a project using arduino board, i connected an xbee module to the board and db 9 cable from board to PC(windows). i am getting sensor values on hyperterminal of PC. Is there any way by which i can read the values from hyper terminal and do mouse operations.

Eg:   Suppose i receive letter L on hyperterminal i have to move cursor left

R- right

U-Up

D-down

C-click operation

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,969 Views)

I wouldn't try to do anything with Hyperterminal which has become outdated and unsupported.

I would use the VISA functions already in LabVIEW to read and write to the serial port directly.  Search LabVIEW examples to find example programs for communicating with the serial port.

Message 2 of 9
(2,961 Views)
Thank you for your information, and do you have idea of moving cusor position with the data which has been read...?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,953 Views)
Thank you for your information, and do you have idea of moving cusor position with the data which has been read...?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,951 Views)
Where is the mouse supposed to be? On the desktop, inside a Windows app? If so, what is the application? On a LabVIEW front panel?

These are the sort of details that should have been included in your original question.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,941 Views)
Actually my project is to move mouse pointer in the direction of a persons head tilt. So the windows app can we develop using LABView...?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,916 Views)

When you talked about a cursor and hyperterminal, I thought you were talking about the cursor you'd have within a hyperterminal window, or like you'd have in Word or Notepad.  Now that you are talking about the mouse pointer, it is a little clearer.

If you can detect the mouse position, you could adjust the coordinates accordingly and some action happens, then set a new mouse position.  Right now I can't find a  means to determine or set the mouse position within a LabVIEW panel.  Of course if you want it to work even outside of LabVIEW, I doubt you'll be able to do it with a LabVIEW property or method.

Though I bet there is a means through a call to a Windows .dll such as User32 that could do that.  But, I've never tried to do it myself to be sure.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,905 Views)
You could plot it on an xy graph. What is the click operation?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,903 Views)
You will have some icons or folders on desktop which you need to select using head movement. Selecting these things am considering as click operation(generally double click in mouse)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,892 Views)