From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read all in buffer sound input

What you have there looks like it should not cause any problems. You could put the whole program in a while loop so you can do repeating tests. If you know how many tests you are going to do you can put it in a for loop.

I still recommend putting the middle section in a sequence structure if you have not already done that. 

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(967 Views)

Izze2000 wrote:

However if i do not change the input device the new OK button works fine, but if i change the input device suddenly the is no response trying to klick on the new OK button?

When highlighting the Execution i can see that the program loops around the new OK button in th while loop as expected,but for some reason there is no response of the new OK button in the Front panel?

What could be wrong?

Your VI stops working because the functions in the "Initialize" loop is not made for extensive repeated calling. Doing this will bring the Labview sound system to its knees. It will stop working. You should never use while loops this way. If your while loop is waiting for some kind of user interaction always insert the "wait ms" function. Set the "milliseconds to wait" as high as possible without risking a degrade in the performance                 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 12 of 15
(944 Views)

t06afre

Ok, got it!

Many thanks for making this cool feature possible 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(923 Views)

Coq Rouge, thanks for all your input on this.

One thing I have noticed, if the buffer size is more than 4 times the size of the samples read at a time, it will slow down the front panel updates.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(634 Views)

I think I reported about that error here

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/PLEASE-can-a-AE-from-NI-take-a-look-at-my-problem-Sound-input/m-p/12...

But I have no expectation that it will be fixed. NI do not care about the sound system at all. NI attitude against the user of sound the sound system is extremely arrogant. No errors have been fixed since Labview 8.5. But instead they have managed to introduce new errors. I use only this system now

http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/waveio

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(623 Views)