LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"write to measurement file" specify column names

Have you tried to higlight the chunk of code you want to turn into a subvi, then go to Edit-->Create Subvi?  It will automatically create it for you.

Mason M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(3,266 Views)

Ah, works like a charm.

Still getting the dreaded error -200279 (attempting to read samples that are no longer available) error in a relatively simple data acquisition system.   Any suggestions for good examples that show this?  When using the Express VIs, should we always use producer-consumer setups?

My data rates are low (1/sec!), and I thought I wouldn't see that problem, but I still do.

A.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(3,254 Views)

How did you solve the Timestamp issue? I'm having trouble with the X-value turning all zeros after using Set Attribute.

Also, do you still have trouble with the for loop? I think I can help you. You need to wire in the string array with auto-index.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(2,846 Views)

Can I ask how you fixed the timestamp issue?  As soon as I name the channels, I lose the time each data value was taken.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(2,825 Views)

Helo I am QAISAR,

I have a problem during data storage by using write to measurement file. I am using DAQmax to acquire the real-time signal for strain by using strain gauges. When I save the data for the single channel by a write to measurement file it's automatically saved in excel sheet but when I use multiple channels the write to measurement file show error and stop the VI program. I attached the image that shows the error and LabVIEW program. Can anyone help me in this regards? I am very thankful to him.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(2,296 Views)

You should make a new forum post for this question.

Maggie M.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(2,270 Views)

Hi everybody, I am very new to LabView (and programming in general!) and run into the same problem: I need to specify the column name on my saved file.

I understood the idea of a FOR loop around the Set Dynamic Data Attributes VI, but I really don't know how to do it, and how that can then be wired to the Write Measurements Data VI. Can someone post a proof of principle example, please? Thanks!

(PS somebody should make a YouTube video of it!)

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,478 Views)

Did you ever get a reply to this? 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(172 Views)