LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"update while typing" for tables?

Does anyone know a way to do this?  There are no option for it and programmatically I can't do it. 

- I can read the contents of the table

- I can see what cell the user is typing in

- I can detect a keydown? on the cell (so i know what the user pressed)

- I cannot see the current text cursor position in the cell ("|ab", "a|b" or "ab|")

- The table value does not update until the user stops editing the cell (clicks elsewhere, eg the 'SAVE' button, but whoah, that leaves me no overhead to validate data  Smiley Sad  )

I made a post on the idea exchange (here) , but thought i would ask in here as well.

Any ideas are welcome

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,368 Views)

You can use a 2D array of string controls instead where the elements are set to update while typing. Seems to work just fine.

Use classic simple strings or frameless silver strings for that "table" look.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,364 Views)

Thats a good idea... but, 2 issues with the string array

1) my first column contain few characters, and column 2, contains quite alot af characters, and the table lets me use different cell width 

2) my table have a nice scroll bar for those large data sets.. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,356 Views)

(1) can be a problem, but arrays can have scrollbars too, solving (2). Don't forget to hide the index terminal.

Message 4 of 5
(2,354 Views)

So an array of cluster with 2 strings and I'm there... Well almost, it's a replacement, not a work-around for table... (a table is, from my point of view, easier to work with than the array/cluster combo)

Anyways, kudos for refreshing me on the scrollbars Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,347 Views)