From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"not enough memory to complete operation" while building exe

i am getting "not enough memory to complete operation" error while building exe of my application.

snapshot.jpg

As soon as i start the build process

1. In task manager i can see memory  consumed immidiately shoots to 1.94GB (of 2 GB Total).

2. after i get this error and i close the build process memory usage comedown to 600MB(all the running processes total)

3. during build the PC becomes so unresponsive that even task manager stops updating, and mouse stops responding.

4. Exactly same problem occurs even if i try to preview the build

My application is not at all computation intensive. the application is something similar to as described.

1. The main VI is just navigation system to select on of 64 dynamic VIs (only 1 dynamic VI runs at a time)

2. Each Dynamic has set of BIG png image data stored as constant. (for some resons we want to distribute single exe files and images we are using should not be anyhow accessible to others.)

3. if i run application in development environment it runs very smoothly, no extra ram usage or cpu usage is observed.

4. total disk size of all the dynamic VIs is around 80MB (please see attached image of largest dynamic VIs memory usage properties, disk size is 2MB)

memusage.jpg

please let me know

1. how i can build the exe in such a scenario.

2. is there any other way, so that i will be able to deliver single exe to the customer(not by creating installer). (The main intention is that those images should not be accessible to the user without our application)

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,432 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,414 Views)