cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"nilvfpga_acknowledger_Spartan 3ُE is missed +labview fpga +spartan 3e

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

during work today I find that this file """nilvfpga_acknowledger_Spartan 3ُُُ"""" is missed from  ""support files"" that AVAILABLE for Spartan 3E in labview 2012 sp1

DOSE ANYONE HAVE IT!???!! Please

I think the position of this file as in figure below

misswd file.png

best Regards

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)

HI NI:::
please read this replay carefully

for above missed file I search for this file in another palace and I find this file niLvFpga_AcknowledgeIrq_PCIe-8237R and this niLvFpga_AcknowledgeIrq_Dynamic

I open it and I can see that both same structure so I used them to slove problem above

after that this error appear to me in compilation process

ni2.png

This mean that the Spartan 3E does not support interrupt operation in labview fpga

I was suppressed .....Do you now why because I learn from LabVIEW FPGA Training Spartan 3E that Spartan support this operation

but when take in depth ......

Oh you can see in tutorial the completion was for pci not Spartan and the tutorial for Spartan !!!!!!!!!!why this why

ni1.png

in same figure

note what he say ""another target "" this mean for example ""spartan""
why this conflict

ni3.png

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,016 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mangood

Hi mangood,

What device are you trying to compile code onto?  Is it a PCI 7831R?

You can see in the document linked below, that the PCI 7831R actually uses a Virtex-II chip, not a Spartan 3E chip.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ED6FC9CF7B983CFD86256DCE0072E313?OpenDocument

Regardless, the 7831R device does support interrupts, so if that is the device you are compiling to, you should not be having a problem.  To determine whether a target supports interrupts, access the FPGA Target Properties dialog box and locate the Target Information section of the General page.  For instance, on the Properties page for the PCI-7831R, I see "Number of Logical Interrupts: 32"

Andrew T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,982 Views)

erere.png

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,979 Views)

As you have already discovered, you cannot use IRQ synchronization for these targets. There are mechanisms that you could use to ensure that there is some synchronization between the two sides of your application, for example using the fact that you can read and write to either a control or indicator and do so from either the host or the FPGA. For example, you could do the following:

1. From the host, write a control to "tell" the FPGA to do something.
  2. On the FPGA VI, wait until the control changes to your expected value that you wrote in 1.
  3. Once you've done something on the FPGA, to indicate back to the host that something has been done, change the value of the same control in 1. (or it could be a different control/indicator)
  4. On the host, once you've done the work in step 1., have it periodically check on the control (or a different control/indicator) to be changed by the FPGA to indicate that some work has been done

This is a simple synchronization mechanism known as "polling". Unfortunately, due to technical limitations in the communication interface between the host and the FPGA for these targets, interrupts are not available to use.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,931 Views)

Sir,

I have to control the motion of 4 DC rhino Servomotors using Spartan 3E board.I have to implement through I2C communication.I have made a VI for controlling a single motor.steps that I have followed are-
1.I have used the J1 header pins I/O1 and I/O2 as SCL and SDA pins respectively.
2.In the VI, initially both SCL and SDA lines are high.
3.while the scl is high ,sda makes a transition from high to low.
4.after that I have set the SCL line low to send the address and the data byte on the SDA line.After the communication is over , again both the lines become high.
Problems:
1.While sending the data through the VI to vary the speed of the motor ,its not varying."
2.the motor is not stopping upon sending data 0 .
3. I have to control the motion of 4 motors at a time.I am facing problem as to how to address them and what all changes I need to make in the VI.

Please provide me the valuable suggestions and modification needed in the VI as soon as possible.
Thanking You,
Regards
Pooja
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,804 Views)