LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"mtod" What is it and how do i add it

I am Looking into using a Macro enabled template for Excel.  I want to be lazy and call this template using the Express vi for office reports.  if I use a .xlt, no macros file, everything is dandy my program works smashingly. Problem being I am giving control of the runtime application's to high school drop outs and I need them to be able to save and print this file without using the windows click though options.  I realize that I can both print an save a file using LabVIEW but since they will add data to the excel report that doesn't pertain to the data LabVIEW Generated during the Test, it is not feasible for them to run the VI, go add data to the generated Report, and then go back to labview to save and print.  I have the macros written to both save and print and even have a template saved with the .xltm extension.  the problem being no native LabVIEW VI will open it.  

Know issue 249185 has a work around  and it says"

"Add "mtod" to the case containing Word_Create_Document.vi to properly handle these templates. This case structure can be found within the NI_Word:lvclass:new report subVI.vi"  

Ok So What is a mtod does anybody know.  

Thanks 

Mark R.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,522 Views)

Ok so i am Replying to my own post and calling a nevermind i Figured out what it is saying. but now i can get the same solution to work in the NI_Excel:lvVlass:New report sub.vi dose any one a reason for that one?

It act as if the VI is running so i asume it is locked by NI but i really need to make a change 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,509 Views)

So what is a "mtod", already?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,469 Views)

its the file extension for a maco enabled word template writen backwards. dotm reverse stirng is mtod

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,466 Views)