LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"large data objects in labview"

Damien Gray at NI gave a presentation at NIWeek 2003 on Large Data Objects in LabVIEW and talked about several examples referencing "Gigalabview.llb" which should be available on the NI website somewhere. I recently looked for it and could not find it. Does someone have this and can they please email it to me, or point me to the exact download link on the NI website?

Thanks in advance,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,804 Views)
I looked on NI's internal databases and could not find the library. I will attempt to track the presentation down and post what I find here.

Jeremy Braden
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,802 Views)
Here you go. Note that NI-HWS is now included in the latest NI-SCOPE and NI-FGEN installers.
Message 3 of 6
(2,802 Views)
That is a clever bit of LabVIEW coding. Thank you DFGray for posting the presentation and the VIs. I learned something.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,802 Views)
I am primarily interested in the chunking algorithms to optimize display speed. So the two subVIs dealing with decimation are of great interest to me as I have traditionally relied on the decimation LabVIEW automatically performs rather than the programmatic min-max decimation to deal with display issues. I expect a much more accurate and responsive display with these new algorithms.

For those of you who would like to try to understand GLV_GigaLabVIEWMemoryStoreAndBrows.vi better (from GigaLabVIEW.LLB), I recommend turning on execution hilighting and watching the block diagram as the code executes.

As a general comment since LV7 came out, my personal coding preference is to use a single-loop event-driven architecture with defined user events or value
(signaling). This single loop has an event structure with cases of events and tasks vs multiple loops (with one loop handling events and one loop handling tasks).

Thanks again Damien.

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,802 Views)
This is indeed good info. Yet I must regretfully add that it doesn't work (streaming to file) if using datalog type files (using the "New File" vi instead of "Open/Create/Replace" vi). I just tried to use this with waveform datalog file and it gave me the EOF error after reaching the 2G threshold. If someone can explain or know a way around this I'd appreciate it greatly.

Message Edited by JReif on 04-27-2005 03:17 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,721 Views)