From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"inverted" ROI mask in IMAQ

Using IMAQ I need to be able to select regions in the image to IGNORE while captuing images.  For example, if I select an annular ROI in the image I want everything contained within the annulus to be blacked out while everything outside is collected as normal.  What's the best way to go about this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,874 Views)

Hi KChart,

To my knowledge, I don't believe we can create regions in the image to simply ignore.  Rather what you can do is select multiple regions of interest for the images.  Check out this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Multiple-Regions-of-Interest/td-p/292078

I hope this helps!

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,856 Views)

You can take the ROI and convert it to a mask with ROItoMask.  The mask is an image that is filled with values (1 inside roa and 0 outside).  Take the abs difference from 1 to invert this to get everything outside of the mask and multiply by the original image, now you will keep the values outside of the roi and zero all values (black out?) values inside of the selected ROI. 

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 3 of 3
(2,851 Views)