cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"image" to "picture" conversion

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear labview gurus,

I have a problem that I would like some help with. I have a labview VI that creates an image using the "IMAQ image" block set, and I have a VI that allows image selection with the mouse. Most of that second VI's code comes from an example. The problem is, my picture selection VI requires that the picture be the "picture" data type, but the pictures my other VI creates are the "image" data type. Ctrl-h says the first type of wire is "picture" and the second type of wire is "Image Dst Out (IMAQImage)". I either need to convert the "image" to "picture", or rewrite my picture selection to take in an "image" variable instead of "picture." I'm not especially good at labview, and I'm running out of time, so conversion seems to be the best option. I found another thread that talks about converting an "image" to an array, but I'm not sure how to turn that array back into a "picture". Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
sdt51

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,672 Views)

Hi sdt51,

You can use this to do what you're trying to do.

Thanks!

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,644 Views)

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I saw that VI when I was digging around, but there are a couple issues. First, I'm using v8.2 and that VI is v8.6. More problematic, however, is that fact that I need to go from image to picture, not picture to image. Would it be possible to "reverse engineer" that VI to make it convert the other way?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,632 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdt51

Hi Daniel,

The VI that I posted actually did the right thing, but I misnamed it.  Where did you see this VI?  I just created myself on my PC here.  Regardless,  here's the same VI in 8.2.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,616 Views)

Hey Stephen,

Awesome, thanks. I'll try it out tomorrow when I get to lab and let you know how it works. The other VI I was talking about was one I found here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2209 but as I mentioned, I need one that goes the other way.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,600 Views)