LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"fatal execution engine" error when launching labview--I just installed it?

I just installed Labview (I still have the CD in my computer) but when I double click the icon to start the program it starts the splash screen, but then issues an "internal execution engine fatal error." The only option to enter is into the JIT debugger. I have XP/SP2 and I have uninstalled my C/C++ compiler and my Ada Compiler, but I am still receiving the error. I have uninstalled Labview twice and reinstalled it, but still the same. The disk that I am installing is labeled 7.1, so I went to the website and downloaded 7.1.1 and installed it but still the same error. I tried to install Labview barebones (without drivers, CVI, etc...) but this didn't fix my problem either. I am out of ideas.

Ronnie_b
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,558 Views)
Hi Ronnie_b!

I would first try to install LabVIEW on another computer PC with the same specs. If the installation fails, then I would feel very confident that it is a bad CD. However, if the installation runs fine on another PC of the same specs (or even of different specs), it is an issue directly due to your specific PC. I would first try this to narrow down the behavior...

Hope this helps!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,533 Views)
Travis,

I already tried that too, and it is running fine on my desktop. NI called me today and suggested that I reformat my HD, but I think that is a little extreme. Any other suggestions?

Ronnie_b
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,519 Views)
Hey Ronnie,

Who did you speak with at NI? A support engineer? It might be helpful for me to speak with them personally to figure out what has already been discussed and what further actions they have taken.

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,511 Views)
I spoke with Marny...I so have a case number 645247.

Just to let you know, I also went to the ftp site and deleted the registry and all hidden files, and then I reinstalled LV. Still same problem.

Thanks for your help!
Ronnie
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,508 Views)
Hey Ronnie,

I know Marni personally, and I'm sure she's done her homework on this one. Unfortunately with this being an issue specific to your PC, it does sound like it might be one of those issues that is unidentifiable and seemingly "incurable" without reformatting. However, I'll double check with Marni tomorrow to make sure we've exhausted all possibilities before having you reformat.

I'll get back with you via this post.

Take care,

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,506 Views)
I appreciate that. I want you to know that I think Marni was great. She and I were on the phone for almost 1.5 hours yesterday trying to diagnose this issue. I think she was great. Also I am not completely opposed to a reformat, it just seems laborious just to install a program.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,502 Views)
Hey Ronnie_B,

I talked with Brett and Marni, and I think they are getting back with you! Good luck with everything!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,471 Views)