LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"application error" in LV8 when building an .exe .

Hi All

I am trying to build an .exe using LabView 8. I can generate a preview, fine, I can see all my files and where they will be, however
 I click the build button to star building the application and the application starts build fine. I get messages like:
First "Initializing build"
Then "Preparing File", "Loading items to build", "updating libraries" and "Processing .............vi"
Suddenly just crash with the following error message pop up window:

"dwwin.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly(0X=0000142). Click on "OK" to terminate the application"

Does anyone knows what 's wrong??

Thank You Very Much in advanse

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,525 Views)
I have the same phenomenon when I build an exe file during process the last vi, but with another error:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:
Error 1003 occurred at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VIs.vi -> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Rule_Editor.vi -> EBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> EBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LabVIEW 8.20程序设计从入门到精通已经出版,敬请关注!
欢迎访问LabVIEW学习乐园: http://labviewstudy.blog.edu.cn
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,520 Views)

Update

Also, I get  a message " Windows is running out of virtual memory"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,514 Views)
Hey Togos!

I did a little searching and wasn't able to find a quick answer for you, so this sounds like we might need to do a little troubleshooting.  Tell me a little about your VI.  Are you using any drivers, shared variables, DLLs?  Are you including anything in your build or doing anything fancy other than just creating a EXE or installer?  Are you able to build a small example?  I might suggest opening a example from the Example Finder and seeing if you can build an EXE from this.  It would be helpful to know if this happens all the time or just with this VI. 

Repost with some more information and I will be glad to help as much as I can.  Thanks!

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,502 Views)

Andy; thank you for replying

Yes, I am using drivers (NI vision, DMM), DLLs and a lot, a lot global variables (by the way, I did not write this master piece).

Yes, I went through the example and it works.

Also, I got it to build an application an .EXE file after trying many, many times, removing files that I can add later and unchecking things at "Source File Settings" and at "Advanced" specially "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI inatances" this is the good news.

However, the bad new is I can not repeat this "build" in other words I have an intermitent situation to build an application.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,493 Views)
Togos,

Well at least you got it to build once.  So even with the exact same settings you were unable to rebuild the EXE?  That is certainly odd.  Since you are able to build the example, we know that it is probably the VI that is being built that is causing the problem.  I have a couple of suggestions for you at this point.  The first is to try to create a new Build Specification and just use the default options to try to get the EXE to compile.  Since you probably have already tried this, there is a more involved suggestion.  This sounds like a very large VI, so I might suggest trying to whittle down the problem by deleting code and attempting to rebuild the EXE.  Once you have deleted enough code, you will probably get down to a point where the VI will compile (hopefully before you reach an empty block diagram).  At this point we can test to see if the recently deleted past of the VI will compile by itself to see if it is a specific code snippet that is causing this problem.  As mentioned this is a lengthy and involved process, so before I tried this I might treat this as a VI corruption error, and try to copy and paste the Block Diagram from the problematic VI to a blank one to see if that makes any difference. 

Let me know if any of that helps or if you have any other questions!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,492 Views)

Hello Andy and Togos

I'm trying to compile to a CRIO RT target my application. Everything works fine unless I try to insert a shared variable in one of SubVi's. When I compile it I have the following message back from the builder.

"Error 1003 occurred at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VIs.vi -> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> RTBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> RTBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> RTBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable."

Of course the same application, deployed w/out build to the target works fine also with variables

If I insert the shared variable into the top Vi the build operation is successful

does it help?

Giovanni

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,423 Views)
Hi all,

This is a known issue that R&D is aware of. It is related to the 8.0.1 patch and application builder.
Here are some potential workarounds (try them one at a time):
  1. Enable debugging in the executable
  2. Disable the "Remove Panel" option for all SubVIs containing Shared Variables in the build
  3. Try Unchecking the "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused
    polymorphic VI instances" options in the build specification
  4. Move shared variables to the top level VIs and pass the data through the SubVI connector

--Paul Mandeltort
Automotive and Industrial Communications Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,391 Views)