LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You have a higher version of NI Uninstaller on your system..."

"National Instruments Software" is installed on my computer, and when I try to uninstall it at Control Panel, feel like there is no action taken, nothing happened after I click to uninstall it.

When I try to install run-time engine, the 2012 version, a message says 'The "NI Uninstaller" installation has failed with the following error: You have a higher version of NI Uninstaller on your system. You must uninstall it before installing this version." See attachment.

I am stuck here...

Please let me know. thanks.

Arthur254

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,939 Views)

Hi Arthur254,

When you go to uninstall a National Instruments product, the popup shown in the attached picture should show, and you can uninstall NI programs from there.

Where are you trying to install the runt-time engine from? Was it included with an installer someone made, or is it directly from NI's website?

uninstaller.PNG

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,880 Views)

Hi Justin,

I downloaded the runtime engine from NI website directly. Actually I gave my computer to IT people in my company and he said that he removed registry info for me, and then he was able to install LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

Earlier, I had the "National Instrument Software" as one of my entries in the list in Programs and Features, and nothing happend after I uninstall it, not sure what happened. Now I am fine with 2013 SP1.

Thanks.

Arthur254

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,862 Views)

...Or at least you HOPE so...  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,850 Views)