LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"X-axis for graph"

I am trying to get the X-axis for my graph to go from 0 to 1000 based upon my "i" value or some variable that is driven by "i". I want the while loop to run continuously and reset the a variable that drives the x-input on my graph to 0 every 1000 ms. I was tying to do it without creating any other loops, just with local variables within one while loop. As I am new to Labview, I am not sure of the technique. I am trying to create a simple scope based upon an analog input. The attached vi should be plotting a straight, but it doesn't. Any advice would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,150 Views)
You are plotting a single point at a time, and you do not record previous data. Since your graph cannot draw a line between a single point (??? :))), you should set up the graph to display the point as a dot. That way, you will see something moving !
Not for a long time however, since there is nothing in your code to return the "scope beam" to the origin...

short advice : use a chart instead of a graph, and select the scope display mode (right-click on the chart, then "Advanced... > Update mode"). Adjust the chart history length to the number of points you want to display (again right-click).
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 2
(2,150 Views)