cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Remove and Rewire" feature/bug?

Solved!
Go to solution

@Darren wrote:

As you read on in the thread, you can see that Hooovahh thinks my setup is "silly", but it works really, really well for me. 🙂

Never going to let that one go hu?  I think I just had a change of opinion so quickly, that was just the word that came to mind.  I was semi-jelous of your many monitor setup and thought it would be something I would want.  Then after reading how you use them I quickly realized that isn't what I would want at all.  

And I hope you know I wasn't saying your setup was silly, but that having a monitor for each window was silly.

A SSD for my laptop would be nice, I had one a while ago but it was too small.  There was a thread on LAVA recently where one user complained about how NI stuff was taking up 120GB not including files found under Program Files.

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 120
(1,464 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Remove Structure - If you select one or more multi-frame structures and press Ctrl-Space-Ctrl-Shift-R, the "Remove Structure" operation is performed. I've been using this one *a lot* since upgrading to LabVIEW 2014...anything I can do to avoid navigating right-click menus for common editor operations!

Any chance that in 2015 we can get this to perform what the old "Remove Structure" did, that is WARN THE USER IF THERE ARE HIDDEN CASES WITH STUFF IN THEM?

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 120
(1,451 Views)

@X. wrote:

Any chance that in 2015 we can get this to perform what the old "Remove Structure" did, that is WARN THE USER IF THERE ARE HIDDEN CASES WITH STUFF IN THEM?

Nope.

But feel free to add your own scripting code to the QD plugin to present a warning dialog for yourself. Here's where the plugin lives:

resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins\Remove and Rewire.vi

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 120
(1,440 Views)

Or ctrl+z and blush.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 120
(1,429 Views)

Usually, when you realize that you deleted a bunch of cases you did not realize were still there, it is too late for Ctrl-Z. And you won't just blush...

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 120
(1,422 Views)

@X. wrote:

Usually, when you realize that you deleted a bunch of cases you did not realize were still there, it is too late for Ctrl-Z. And you won't just blush...

I can't recall the last time I deleted a structure and didn't want all of it gone.  I've deleted a structure and wanted NONE of it gone quite often, though.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 120
(1,412 Views)

Another thing to keep in mind, when you select a structure and press Ctrl-Space-Ctrl-R, it will perform a standard Remove and Rewire operation...the structure will be removed completely (including contained code), and pass-through wires will be preserved.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 120
(1,410 Views)

Here is another case study.

I wanted to replace a VI's inputs (references to controls) by value inputs instead:

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 11.26.51.png

Do the magic and you get:

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 11.27.29.png

Duh.

I know the broken wire is connected to a reference input, but couldn't we do better?

EDIT:

Hmm... If I select the reference wire connecting the PN to the close reference, that works...:

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 11.33.42.png 

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 11.33.51.png

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 120
(1,314 Views)

@X. wrote:

Here is another case study.

This issue looks to be fixed in LabVIEW 2015.

Message 99 of 120
(1,302 Views)

Similar (so hopefully fixed in 2015?):

I replaced a DVR by the actual data type in a subVI:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 11.34.26.png

If I select the Delete DVR and Ctrl-Space-Ctrl-R it:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 11.34.41.png

while of course I was hoping for:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 11.35.43.png

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 120
(1,263 Views)