From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Installation of this application may be corrupt", LV 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm asking for help with the problem I'm struggling with since few days. I had to re-install my LabVIEW 2012 (32-bit) and now, when I try to open it I have an error "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair the program." I tried to repair LabVIEW and re-install it again but nothing works. I tried with with two different downloaders (the old one and the new one from NI's site) and I installed f1,f3 and f5 patch too. I've got Windows 7.

Anyone has an idea what I could do with it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Riv

Sometimes the Add Remove Programs tool would not completely remove LabVIEW.  There's a tool called MaxBlast that will help with that.  I uploaded it to this post awhile back:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-8-6-1-crashes-with-VIs-built-in-LabVIEW-7-1-1/m-p/960472/hig...

Make sure you reboot your computer at least once after deleting all of the NI stuff, before re-installing it. 

It also might be worth checking the media of your LV 2012 files if your still getting corrupt installs. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 2 of 4
(4,452 Views)

Thanks [b]pallen[/b], it worked 🙂

BTW. I had no idea that I had so many NI Software installed... hundreds of them was listed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,428 Views)

You're welcome.  This is one problem I learned the hard way.  If I can save someone some frustration on this one I'm happy to do it.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,421 Views)