cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Installation of this application may be corrupt", LV 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm asking for help with the problem I'm struggling with since few days. I had to re-install my LabVIEW 2012 (32-bit) and now, when I try to open it I have an error "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair the program." I tried to repair LabVIEW and re-install it again but nothing works. I tried with with two different downloaders (the old one and the new one from NI's site) and I installed f1,f3 and f5 patch too. I've got Windows 7.

Anyone has an idea what I could do with it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Riv

Sometimes the Add Remove Programs tool would not completely remove LabVIEW.  There's a tool called MaxBlast that will help with that.  I uploaded it to this post awhile back:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-8-6-1-crashes-with-VIs-built-in-LabVIEW-7-1-1/m-p/960472/hig...

Make sure you reboot your computer at least once after deleting all of the NI stuff, before re-installing it. 

It also might be worth checking the media of your LV 2012 files if your still getting corrupt installs. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 2 of 4
(4,455 Views)

Thanks [b]pallen[/b], it worked 🙂

BTW. I had no idea that I had so many NI Software installed... hundreds of them was listed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,431 Views)

You're welcome.  This is one problem I learned the hard way.  If I can save someone some frustration on this one I'm happy to do it.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,424 Views)