LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"I/O Name Filtering" missing

I'm having a problem configuring a virtual channel in LabView 2010 (v. 10.0).  I am using a DAQPad - 6020E for which I have configured a digital output channel in MAX.  When I attempt to use the "I/O Name Filtering" option in the context menu for my channel control so that I can see the ouptut channel, no such option appears in the context menu!  Is there some other way of allowing analog output channels to be selected for the channel constant?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,391 Views)

Made a minor typo.  The output channel I created is an analog output, not digital.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,375 Views)

Can you post your VI?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,354 Views)

The entirety of the VI is just the channel constant right now connected to a legacy DAQ Analog Output Waveform Generation node.  I'll post it below.

vi.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,343 Views)

I'm sorry that i cannot check your info as i run 64bit Windows. Trad. DAQ won't run on 64bit......

Do you see the same behavior if you drop the channel constant directly from the palette?

I don't get the reason for your MAX screenshot. Do you want to select your virtual channel? If so, make sure you did not drop a "physical channel"-constant!

If you have the correct channel constant: Have you saved your settings in MAX before dropping the constant?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,337 Views)

I did drop the channel constant from the palette, unfortunately that is the only behavior that I can get.  

In the traditional DAQ palette there is no distinction between a physical and virtual channel constant that I can find.  

I have saved the settings in MAX multiple times.  The Knowedgebase says that I need to select the "I/O Name Filtering" option, but as you can see, no such option exists in my context menu.  I just need to be ablet to put the output channel onto the vi so I can generate a waveform to send to my cell.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,334 Views)

Can you state your system information regarding

- OS

- Trad DAQ version

- LV version

?

Did you use the test panel to make sure that the device (and trad. DAQ) is working at all on this system?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,330 Views)

Using Windows XP Service Pack 3 32 bit

LabView Version 10.0 (2010)

Trad. Daq version 7.4.4

I've used the test panels and the device and the drivers are having no problems.  I just can't select an output channel with the constant.  When I had input channels available I could access them through the drop down menu.  In an effort to get this working for output I deleted all my input channels and saved the changes in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,328 Views)