LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to load shared library" error message

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get my programs for school to work, and i keep getting these error whenever I try to run anything. The last line in the deployment status is as follows:

Deploying NLVSim Get Time and isAcceptedStep.vi NILVSim Get Time and IsAcceptedStep.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.

LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library NILVSim.*: SIM_GetTimeAndIsAccepted:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this issue. I checked NI Max and I am all up to date on software. I reinstalled LabVIEW twice, and I reset my myRIO. My classmates are not having any issues with getting theres to work. I am beginning to lose hope, and am hoping someone might know what the issue is. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WubaDee

WubaDee,

NILVSim is part of the LV Control Design and Simulation Module. Is that one correctly installed on your Windows development system and did you install it on your myRIO?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(7,807 Views)

Hey Norbet,

Thanks for helping me out. In NI MaxI can see that I do have the Control and Design Simulation Module installed in my labview, but I do not see it anywhere else, looking at the sopftware on my myRIO. Does it need to be on there as well?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,780 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WubaDee

In MAX select the RT device and select Software under it. In the right click menu you should see an option to do a custom software installation. In the dialog that comes up, select the software component you want to install.

This is a link for a knoledgebase article for the NI-CAN software, but the principle is the same, just select your software component instead of the NI-CAN software.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 5
(7,776 Views)

Thank you guys both for your help. I found how to install the modulle on my myRIO and now it seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,767 Views)