LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error 363513"

Hi,

I have been trying to let Labview send an SMS to my smartphone, only I keep getting Error 363513: "An error occured while sending data on the network". Does anyone have an idea what "An error" could mean, and how I can solve it? I've been struggling with this for quite a while...

Thank you !

Message 1 of 5
(6,545 Views)

Suppose I told you there was a big mistake in a book, but I only was going to show you the cover, tell you the nature of the mistake, and ask you how I should fix it.  That's what you've done, asking us what "an error" could mean, but without providing to us the code that gave rise to the error.  Post your VI -- you do not have to post the values you blacked out on your Front Panel, but we do need to see what functions you were using, as one of them gave rise to the Error, and we don't have any idea which one(s) you used.  We could also try running your code ourselves, and could maybe figure out how to make it work ...

Bob Schor

P.S. -- attach the actual VI(s), please.  If there are too many, put them all in a folder, compress the folder, and attach the .ZIP file (this is an excellent way to submit a LabVIEW Project).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,514 Views)

Hello Annabel2001!

First off, thanks for posting! I noticed on the front panel of your VI that the text for the Outgoing Mail Server was "smtp". I believe that the error you are getting is related to the fact that this is not a valid server address. As you can see in the example that you are probably building off of, you will need to use a server address in the form of smtp.[hostname].com such as smtp.google.com.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35093

I think putting in a valid address will solve your issue. Let us know if you're still running into problems.

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,490 Views)
Same answer was given the first time the question was asked.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/error-59-Labview-text/m-p/3220131
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,478 Views)

I wanted to note this because I had not seen this response elsewhere.

When using the 'Set Recipients' .vi using and feeding in an array that contains blank strings among valid emails, I have received this same error (Error 363513 occurred at LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,615 Views)