cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Attribute ID not recognized" for Agilent AWG

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have been trying to use Agilent N8241A through labview via ethernett connection. I have installed the IVI Compliance package and N8241a drivers given in Agilent website. However when I try to run the example VI, I get an error saying " AGN6040A Initialize With Options.vi<ERR> Driver Status: (Hex 0xBFFA0002) Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA000C) Attribute ID not recognized". When I try to connect it by simple write GPIB function or use Matlab to interface, both of them work. However I much prefer use the labview Instrument driver since it should be fairly easier.

I am pretty sure this is about me making a mistake while installing the driver etc, but after several uninstall/reinstall I pretty much gave up. I also tried to create a IVI driver session and a logical name for this device(shown in the attachments). 

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,230 Views)
It is possible too that there is a bug in the IVI drivers, or the instrument. After all we are talking about Agilent here...

Go with what works.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,192 Views)
Solution

Hello Cumitbus, 

What version of LabVIEW do you have? It seems like that the driver is only compatible with LabVIEW version 8.6. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,138 Views)

Hi Roxana,

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not realized that. I have Labview 2014, so that should be the issue. I guess since matlab interface works, I will just embed the matlab code into Labview then.

Thanks,

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,129 Views)

Hi Roxana,

I have the same problem "Attribute ID not recognized", please can you tell me where i can find the right driver for AWG Agilent N8241A. I'm using Labview 2016 f2 (32bit) and i downloaded the IVI driver from here 

http://www.keysight.com/main/software.jspx?ckey=1670471&lc=spa&cc=ES&nid=-32928.536908556&id=1670471

and the driver from here

http://www.keysight.com/main/software.jspx?ckey=1857181&lc=spa&cc=ES&nid=-32928.536908556&id=1857181

is there a different way to controll this AWG ?

Thanks a lot for replaying me
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,608 Views)

Hi,

What i eventually did was writing a matlab function to control the AWG and embed it into a labview vi. It's a workaround but if you have matlab it works well. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,602 Views)