From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about shift register

Solved!
Go to solution

hello!When I use the shift register,A problem occur!what I want to use is the serial in shift register function,But found only use parallel shift register,someone can give me any suggestions?(The best way has an example of a serial shift register),thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,116 Views)

@gthydrtyed wrote:

hello!When I use the shift register,A problem occur!what I want to use is the serial in shift register function,But found only use parallel shift register,someone can give me any suggestions?(The best way has an example of a serial shift register),thanks!!!

Sorry, I have no idea what a "parallel" or "serial" shift register is.  Could you elaborate on what it is you are trying to do?

Thanks!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,108 Views)

Are you talking about extending the length or "history" of the shift register? You can drag the node down to expose a shift register buffer for more than one element.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,100 Views)

thank your reply! what my meaning is just like I have an array of input of the shift register 1,2,3,4,5,6,7;In the calculation process, I would like to achieve in a row :after 1 finish  the calculation ,2 begins,later 3,4,5,6,7,this is Serial;but in labview is Direct the entire array operation,this is  

Parallel,can you help ?thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gthydrtyed

Are you using the shift register in while loop? Try using it in for loop, I believe you are looking for "Auto indexing" operation.

If I didn't understand your problem correctly, please attach the code you have developed.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,065 Views)

I want to achieve :Each element of the array in the shift register Compare with 5,If less than 5, the output is 1, otherwise 0;but as you can see the vi is wrong ;Error reason is because of the shift register only for computing the entire array but not Single element,any suggestion?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gthydrtyed

better to use for loop with auto indexing enabled ( by default ) for input array.

you will get array values one by one.

then compare it with desired value and you can use bollean to 0,1 to get the out array of 0 and 1s. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,048 Views)

thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,038 Views)

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,036 Views)

thank you!