LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quad copter Senior Engineering Project "Help"

Hello LabView Community, My name is abdullah, i would like your help and insights on the following: 

I'm working on a LabView Controlled Quad-Copter project, as my senior graduation project, its a two-phase project. Phase-one, which was the manual controll mode using LabView which thankfuly me and my mates finished,we are in final calibration and fine tuning stage at the moment. Phase-two, which is enabling the Quad-Copter to be fully autonomus using labview, and this is where i kinda need help, for starter i know for sure i would need to have an optical flow sensor, and im already eyeing 3D-Robotics "px4flow" sensor as an option. My inquirey is: is it possiable to achieve the goal of phase-two of this project using labview? and if its possiable where should i start or any hints or advice, it would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,495 Views)
I have worked on such a project. As it turns out the LabVIEW part is not that difficult. The tricky bit is the flight controls, so I hope your degree is going to be in aero. You are going to need the ability to sense the air vehicle's orientation and movement.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,492 Views)

Hello Mike, thanks for you kind replay and glad to see someone her who previeosly ventured on such project. First things first, my degree is actually in Electric, how-ever, im greatly intrested in Areo. As for the flight control part, if you by that refer to the quad-copter flight controls such as giving the propper comands to "for example" role right/lift, throttle up/down, and so on, me and my team mates already have that covered. As for the the vechile orentation and movement, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that taken care of with the help of an optical flow sensor? please give me more information if you have, i would much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,483 Views)