LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulse generation

Hello everybody,

I am trying to generate pulses and I used attached vi for that. Actually I write this vi using help from this website. The default amplitude (voltage) here is 5V. Can anybody suggest me how to vary amplitde? I mean, how to make the amplide like 7V or 8V ?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,693 Views)

Hi keshu,

Can anybody suggest me how to vary amplitde? I mean, how to make the amplide like 7V or 8V ?

As you are using a digital (counter) output you need an additional amplifier to change voltage levels…

(This is basic electronics and not related to LabVIEW!)

When you want to solve this with just LabVIEW you need to use an analog output to output waveforms…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,665 Views)

Thank you GErdW. As I suggested I write analogue output as attached. Can you please look at it and suggest me what did I miss because I am not getting output..

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,628 Views)

Hi Keshu,

because I am not getting output..

In this case you should get an error message. Do you?

- Why do you use an ExpressVI to create that waveform? There are easy-to-use functions in the signal generation palette!

- You don't set any timing for your DAQmx task! How should the waveform output work then?

Did you examine the example VIs coming with LabVIEW and DAQmx? There are examples on how to output waveforms!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,608 Views)