LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulse counter to display on seven segmant display

Solved!
Go to solution

Unsure of how to progress this program to display results on a seven segment display.

This is what i have so far ( see attachment).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by amateur1234

This sounds like a homework problem but it is simple enough.  I can't view your file so i'm sorry if my information is duplicate.

Create a 2D array of booleans that define which segments are illuminated for each number. 

Row 0 will contain the sequences to turn on a 0

Row 1 will contain the sequences to turn on a 1

etc.

Creating the display:

Create a cluster of booleans for displaying seven segment.

Add the cluster to an array for a multiple digit number.

Use the quotient/remainder function to obtain digits one value at a time and index your 2d array to obtain the proper sequence.  I'll let you figure out the rest.

Capture.JPG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by amateur1234

you need to make it simple

Seven Seg Display program_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,666 Views)

Thank you!

Its been very helpful, however would you be able to send me the program im not quite sure how to do the true and false block you have done as I'm new to labview.

Again thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,616 Views)

Drop an array constant on the block diagram and add a boolean constant into it.  Right click the array and select "Add dimension".  Now resize the array to the proper size.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,612 Views)