From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Private (brown) nodes are usually internal features used in specific circumstances which are not suitable for general use.  They can range the gamut from totally unimplemented to fully functional.  Some have been around for years and are incorrectly marked as private.  We have been trying to expose these.  Some are platform specific.  In general, if you see a brown node, approach it with caution.  If it is a useful function, ask on these forums for it to be exposed.  We can then make sure it works correctly before exposing it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,252 Views)

I have a question, we have seen activate the property node blue, but how I activate the property node red? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,122 Views)

Red indicates that there is at least one property which has been deprecated. The only way to select such a property is to open an older version of LV where it hasn't been deprecated yet and select it there. Generally, every deprecated property has a replacement (often listed in the documentation for it), so you should just use that replacement.

(1,114 Views)

Actually, you can also create a deprecated property node with scripting.

Captured001.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,087 Views)

I suspected as much, but figured it would just muddy the waters. Now, if that method could set properties on nested objects, like the label, then I would get excited.

(1,070 Views)

Perhaps you mean something like this.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,040 Views)

That's different. Your first image shows setting items in a property node. Your working code changes properties on a control directly.

I was thinking of this, which doesn't really work, both because the API doesn't show the nested properties in the list of potential properties and because it doesn't accept them even if you know their string IDs. If you know of any way to get those things, then that plugin could actually be useful.

(1,020 Views)

I tried several things, but couldn't find anything that worked.  Everything that I could find that gave access to an element of a property node would only reference the lowest item in the hierarchy when reading, and only the highest when writing.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(977 Views)