cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi (sorry for my english) i have the follow problem:

I have a vi that makes measure it upload a cluster with inside some digit indicators and a picture i had create a property node and a control reference for the cluster.

In my main vi i had create the same cluster and i have join it with my measurement vi using a control reference.

the problem is ... the measure vi change dynamically the properties node of factor zoom, origin left and origin top of his picture. I'd like to know how to do the same for my main linked cluster?

Thanks

Roberto

Message 1 of 9
(3,388 Views)

Is it possible to describe the preconditions, your goal and your own trials more clearly? Maybe use some images to show your points and add notes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,383 Views)

It sounds like you have:

• Measurement VI that has a cluster indicator (that contains, among other elements, a picture indicator) and somehow provides to your main VI a reference to the indicator.
  • A property node in the measurement VI that sets properties of the picture in the cluster indicator.
  • Main VI that has a cluster indicator of the same type.

If you have in your main VI a reference to the indicator in the measurement VI (it sounds like this is provided by your measurement VI), then you should be able to use a property node with that reference to retrieve the current properties of it, then set the properties of the indicator in your main VI to be the same.

If you could provide more details of how the measurement VI and main VI interact, including code or images, that would probably be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,358 Views)

an example (the original very complex, many vi's) 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,331 Views)

Hi roby,

to change properties of the cluster in the subVI DOES NOT mean you also change properties of the cluster in the main VI!

Especially when you only set the "value" proeprty of your mainVI's cluster…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,319 Views)

Then there isn't a way to syncroninize both cluster properties 😞

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,304 Views)

Ciao Roberto,

certo che si può fare!

Devi creare la reference dell'imagine dal Main VI e poi passare anche quella reference al SubVI e utilizzare il property node con ZoomFactor etc con la reference all'imagine del Main VI. 

Come hai fatto tu, stai solamente aggiornando i valori del Cluster del Main mentre sull'imagine lavori solamente su quella del SubVI. Creando una reference dell'imagine invece andrai a modificare i parametri dell'imagine del Main VI. 

Buona giornata,

Valerio

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,224 Views)

Ciao Valerio,

riusciresti, per favore, a fornirmi qualche esempio o qualche link in merito?

Grazie,

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robyf1

Ciao Roberto,

ti giro il VI che ho fatto di prova.

Praticamente ho aggiunto la seconda reference e modificato il tutto anche su quella.

Fammi sapere se così funziona correttamente come desiderato.

Buona giornata,

Valerio

Download All
Message 9 of 9
(3,176 Views)