LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

progress bar

y want to show a status bar who will be closed after the operation. The operation is a flashing in memory who is done by a DLL function called in labview VI.

Thank you for your help!!!!and have a nice christmas
Message 1 of 16
(11,777 Views)
LabVIEW 6.1 has various progress bar displays for the front panel under Controls -> Numeric.

Create a property node for the progress bar display you are using.
And set its Visible property to true at the start and to false at the end

the only uncertain is how you will know how much of the "flashing of memory" has occurred.
Is it a set time?
Message 2 of 16
(11,765 Views)
Most FLASH programming tools/software return a value that can be used for progress. Usually it is the number of bytes programmed thus far. Some (like Tornado VisionClick) allow functions to program in smaller steps (within a loop). In that case, you can provide a value to a progress bar.

So there might be some math involved.
Message 3 of 16
(11,758 Views)
I suppose that you can get an estimate of the time required to flash your ROM from the size of the code.
Then you can start a parallel loop to move a progress bar. Use a time slightly larger than your estimate. Stop the loop when the flash is finished.

See the attached vi

You could also run a dedicated vi dynamically, but that's another story ! 🙂

Merry Christmas and Happy Wiring

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 4 of 16
(11,757 Views)
Hi, happy new year to everyone!!!!
I need to modify a Configuration Setting file and for that I use the VI: Write Characters to file.vi available in the function panel but the problem is that the new file generated has a size of 1.83Kbytes instead of 1.81Kbytes despite the fact that this two files had exactly the same contents
I remenber you that I use Labview7.0.............Thank tou very much and best regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(11,671 Views)
Probably better to post your question again... Nobody will go down here to help you !
May be you could attach both files in a zipped archive. Somebody could have a look and tell you were is the difference (if any...)

Happy New Wires !

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(11,652 Views)
On a side note, I do vaguely remember someone pointing out before that each bend in a wire on the block diagram of a VI takes up space. I believe it was 32 bytes. Sorry if I can't remember who posted the information originally, but I certainly do know I've been avoiding wobbly lines ever since.

Maybe you have the same functions and VIs on the block diagram, but some of the wires have been bent, moved or changed.

Hope this helps

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 7 of 16
(11,644 Views)
Thank CC!! bye
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(11,634 Views)
/b shoneill said: "On a side note, I do vaguely remember someone pointing out before that each bend in a wire on the block diagram of a VI takes up space. I believe it was 32 bytes. Sorry if I can't remember who posted the information originally, but I certainly do know I've been avoiding wobbly lines ever since.
" /b

Say what?? you mean a simple bend in the wiring takes up 32 bytes.... each?? -wow-
So much for making the wiring look like a circuit card.. 😉

This is good information to post. Maybe we should start a thread called "LabView: Behind the scenes" where we put tid-bits of info like this.

Thanks Shane & Happy New Year.

Ray
Message 9 of 16
(11,622 Views)

I have a problem on the progress bar. the progress bar keep coming up when i press stop. i Have already check the while and for loop.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(8,972 Views)