Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming of nodal attribute depending on a condition

Solved!
Go to solution

hello

I created a sub-vi that displays a configuration nodal window

depending on the condition (display or initialize) I don't want the front panel to display everytime

is it possible to insert a program inside the condition below ti determine during which condition the sub-vi have to be displayed?

thanksimage.png

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pierre_F

Use an Invoke Node to make the front panel visible.  The method is VI->Front Panel.Open.  To close the front panel, use the Front Panel.Close method.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,857 Views)

What is "nodal"?

Please attach your Vi instead of a picture? Is the current picture the subVI code or the calling code?

Don't hide event structures deep inside other structures.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,854 Views)

ok, thanks. Itested and it is working

my picture above was the subVI diagram

below here is the same diagram with the addition of the invoke node

thanks for your help 😉

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,823 Views)
  • Seems poorly designed.
  • If the next guy working on this project changes something, the subVI might get called witouh the panel opening, but the VI cannot complete because the button cannot be pressed.
  • Instead of the flat sequence, just use the error wire to ensure execution order.
  • You should use "buit array" instead of "insert into array".
  • You reaaly should attach VIs instead of incomplete diagram pictures.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,814 Views)
  • Seems poorly designed. ->this is a common state machine. can you explain why you say it's poorly designed.
  • If the next guy working on this project changes something, the subVI might get called witouh the panel opening, but the VI cannot complete because the button cannot be pressed. -> the next programmer is not supposed to remove those nodes, and I don't know how I can do else than crossluz solution....
  • Instead of the flat sequence, just use the error wire to ensure execution order. ->I can't because I want the 'close' invoke node to execute even if there is an error before. wiring error node should make this node ignored. the sequence structure seems the most apropriate....
  • You should use "buit array" instead of "insert into array". ->right! 🙂
  • You reaaly should attach VIs instead of incomplete diagram pictures. ->I don't use to do it when my image is documented enough, but I must confess it wasn't clear enough

Take a look if you want

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,793 Views)