LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming in labview?

Hi guyz!

I was just wondering if you could help me with this problem. I have been trying to get the following circuit to work on a labview. But how do I go about 

developing a GUI to control the components and display the circuit outputs.I have attached a screenshot do see. Any help would be appreciated.

programming.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,166 Views)

LabVIEW is a programming language, not a circuit simulator.  Perhaps you wanted this forum?:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Circuit-Design-Suite/bd-p/370

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,158 Views)

I am not trying to simulate a circuit. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,153 Views)

You'd have to represent the resistors by numeric controls and then either use formula or simple multiplication/addition/etc.

I'd suggest LabVIEW tutorial.

By the way, to do what you want with any other programming language would be the same.

That is assuming you know how to program in another language.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,147 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

You'd have to represent the resistors by numeric controls and then either use formula or simple multiplication/addition/etc.

I'd suggest LabVIEW tutorial.

By the way, to do what you want with any other programming language would be the same.

That is assuming you know how to program in another language.

Yes, I have manged to get it done in c programming. If you can please give me an helping hand that would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,136 Views)

Am I doing it right?

Untitled.png 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,129 Views)

I am not one to mess much with circuits, but just implementing the formula will require the following components:

-Vin should be a numeric control (There is no need to try to "prompt" the user for info.  Controls can be edited in by default when the program is run)

-Rf should be a constant = 10K (from the drawing)

-R1 should be a constant = 10K (from the drawing)

-Vout should be a numeric indicator (This will display the result)

Then you can simply wire each of these to the appropriate math functions from the pallette (i.e. multply, divide, add, etc).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,122 Views)

@MrHappyAsthma wrote:

I am not one to mess much with circuits, but just implementing the formula will require the following components:

-Vin should be a numeric control (There is no need to try to "prompt" the user for info.  Controls can be edited in by default when the program is run)

Then you can simply wire each of these to the appropriate math functions from the pallette (i.e. multply, divide, add, etc).

So, which controls should I pick for R1 and Rf?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,102 Views)

@Vick472 wrote:

@MrHappyAsthma wrote:

So, which control should i pick for R1 and Rf?

I don't understand the circuit because I have no electrical background.  If they are fixed values, you will want to make them be Numeric Constants. (the diagram leads me to believe they are set to 10K each, but perhaps this is not fixed).  If they are also user-editable while the program is running, you can leave them as they are (Numeric Controls).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,098 Views)

Your numeric controls are just fine.  Just make sure their default is set to 10000.

I would highly recommend you go through some of the online tutorials since you seem very new to this.

LabVIEW Basics
LabVIEW 101

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,094 Views)