LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatically modify the Scale legend of a graph?!?!?

Hi,
Before LV8 it was possible to right-click the scale legend of a graph and create a property node (PN).
I used this PN to make the legends text invisible (i.e. only the scale buttons are visible, not the ugly text field).
In LV 8.x, this feature disappeared.Smiley Mad

and it seems that there is no solution yet.

Nevertheless, I found this info in the LV8.5 help (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvprop/waveformgraph_p/).
"To modify the scale or cursor legend in a waveform graph programmatically, create Property Nodes for each element of the legend you want to modify. For example, if you want to modify the scale label, right-click the string element in the scale legend and create a Property Node for that element."

But I can't create the PN by right-clicking the element !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this simply a big mistake in the help file? or am I missing something? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,199 Views)
Hi,

I have not LV 8.5 yet, but in LV 8.20 I indeed couldn't create a PN by right-clicking the scale legend (I agree, it's anoying) but by creating a PN on the graph I could then select Y or X scale properties...

So you can actually access the scale properties progammatically... See attached VI in LV 8.20.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,188 Views)
Yes, I can also access those PN in 8.5 but I can't make the text control IN the "scale legend" invisible as it was possible before!

see attached image.
Message 3 of 8
(4,181 Views)
Indeed... Sometimes new feature come and replace those we were used to... Smiley Sad

I can only suggest you post a feature request on the "Wish List"... or light up a candle, I'm not sure which one will have more effect on NI LabVIEW team... Smiley Very Happy

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 8
(4,174 Views)

We're still having this issue with LV 8.6, and would definitely like to get rid of those empty text fields in Scaled Legend.

Is there a solution or workaround available since the initial post (back in 2007)?

Please advise - thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,643 Views)

We have the same issue as well.

I was wondering if the only way around this would be to create an Xcontrol. This would implement the scale legend functionality with your own set of buttons. Then replace all graphs with this Xcontrol.

I never knew what the use of those text labels is, and also always deleted them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,638 Views)

Jens at Lava forum gave me this tip, which works great!!!! Smiley Happy

1. Create Graph, goto "Customize Control"
2. Then in Customize Control Window, switch to "Change to Edit Mode".
3. Select the Scale Legend Array, and then select from Pull Down Menu "Edit -> Customize Control"
4. Now you have opened another Customize Control Window, but just with the Scale Legend Array. Here you can right-click the scale-string and select to hide that string.
5. now go back, close the Customize Control Window of the scale legend, select to replace the scale legend, and voila: scale string is still hidden, just what you wanted

See also the thread here:

http://forums.lavag.org/Hide-text-label-in-graph-scale-legend-t14187.html#entry63629

Message 7 of 8
(3,586 Views)

It works, Oskar!

I've been searching for a solution of this problem many times. It appeared finally.

Best regards, L.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,470 Views)