LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatically adjust visible size of an array

Hi,

for a conversion tool I need to apply a front panel layout to another. Therefore I need to resize and re-positioning some controls.

Now I need the correct property to adjust the size of an array  - I can adjust the "NumRows" and "NumCols", but is there an attribute to adjust the size of the array itself? I mean, when I start with an array with 10 rows and 10 cols visible (and used), and now want an array only with 5 cols and rows visible, what attribute needs to be set? When I only adjust the "NumRows" and "NumCols", I end up with the "no longer used" elements grayed out...

(All will be done in LabVIEW enviroment, not built executable!)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,513 Views)

NumRows, NumCols sets the number of visible array elements on the front panel.

If you want to change size of the array data, you can use reshape array function (build array, insert into array, etc also change size) and after that show new data on the front panel indicator.

Can you share your VI if something of above does not work?

PS. all these work in executable too

Message 2 of 5
(5,503 Views)

OK, sometimes I have to think twice... My problem was, that I have to adjust the internal array element first, afterwards I can adjust the parent array frame ...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,490 Views)

Hello,

I have a similar issue as Peter had. 

I dont want to change the sizes of the arrays but just the elements displayed in the arrays controls.

I have two cases: 

In the first one the arrays result have size 8 (that's why my indicators have 8 elements each)

But in the second case, the arrays result have size 6 and if I use the "numCols" of the property node to change the appearance of the controls what I get is the last two elements grayed out (they don't dissappear) as shown in the attached image.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,449 Views)