LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programatically save a vi

can I programatically save a vi?
I  mean, can I launch a vi from a main, modify some parameters (for example windows size, or FP color, ...) then save these modifications from the main.
I'd like to do it in LV 6.1 for Linux

Thanks in advance.

Using LV 6.1 on WinXP & Linux (Fedora Core 3)
Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,301 Views)

You can save all the sub vi changes from the vi which calls them. To do this from menu choose "File->Save All". This will save the sub vi changes regardless whether it is open or not. Oh but, I have tried this with LabView 7.0 for windows. Hope it is the same case for linux.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,288 Views)
You can programatically save a VI using an Invoke Node set to the "Save Instrument" attribute.

In it's default state with no extra controls as shown in the image, it will save the VI to its current location, the same as selecting Save from the File menu. You can save it to a different location or name (Save As) by specifing a path on the Path to saved File terminal.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 08-02-2005 08:50 AM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 3 of 3
(2,285 Views)