LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programatically reset camera orientation for 3D picture control

Does anyone know how to programatically reset or control the camera orientation for the 3D camera control/indicator.

I'm trying to play back some motion data that I've gathered on a boat and I'd like to be be able to accuratley control the orientation of the camera (ie more then just by using the spherical camera controller)

Thanks for any help.

J Bowen
US Marine; A Brunswick Family Boat Company
Product Integrity, Component Testing, and Validation
LabVIEW 8.2
CompactDAQ
DaqPad 6015
SCC-2345
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,217 Views)

The new 3D Picture Control in LabVIEW 8.20, has tons of functionality even though only the most common features are exposed through the VIs in the palette. The functionality of controlling the camera programmatically is accessible through the "Setup Camera" method for the 3D Picture Control window/indicator:

Refer to the "solarsystem.vi" shipping example to see an implementation of the "Setup Camera" method.

Good luck!

Message Edited by Philip Courtois on 01-09-2007 09:45 AM

- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,210 Views)

Hey Philip,

Good catch man!

J Bowen, if you're ever looking for all of the properties and methods for a control, indicator or any object \ class in LabVIEW, try using the Class Browser. Here's a screenshot for the properties and methods for the SceneGraphDisplay (aka 3d Picture Control).

Chris C

Message Edited by Chris_C. on 01-09-2007 10:38 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,190 Views)
Thanks a bunch guys.  That is exactly what I needed and its working great now.  Thanks again.

J Bowen
US Marine; A Brunswick Family Boat Company
Product Integrity, Component Testing, and Validation
LabVIEW 8.2
CompactDAQ
DaqPad 6015
SCC-2345
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,183 Views)