LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems converting resistance to temprature

Hi Torb,

I can't open your VI as I'm tied to LV2011 here so I guess you missed the inversion dots at the last CompoundMath node…

the example you gave me is one way to go, but i am not an expert in math, so it was not that logical for me to do it in that manner, since i had the formula already it would be easyer for me to just use that.

I just wired your formula using basic LabVIEW functions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(807 Views)

hi

you are of corse correct, i managed to miss that. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(801 Views)

For those keeping score the code with corrected inversions at the last compound math node (Good guess Gerd!) is:

!1.png

in a formula node it would look like thus

Convert RTD Reading (scaler).png

I still can't find a souce to support 3.9135e-3

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(796 Views)

"I still can't find a souce to support 3.9135e-3"

The pt-100 element we use is calibrated once a year, we get a calibration certificate with the correct constants for our sensor element.

Message 14 of 19
(790 Views)

Maybe it does not have enough precision for your application, but I had the same problem and I resolved it in a different way.

I used the tables defined in the norms to generate a look up table. I also prepared the VI to work with PT1000.

I attached the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(533 Views)

Hi Jon,

tables are fine, but why so complicated?

• You don't need to check limits within each iteration of the loop, you don't need a loop at all!
  • Why did you limit the temperature to integer values?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 16 of 19
(528 Views)

Hi GerdW,

to be honest, your code seems much simpler and elegant... thank you.

I am trying to copy in a new VI and run it slowly just to learn how some subVIs work, because I have never used the interpolate 1D array VI for example. By the way, I can not find in the palette the sub VI previous to the interpolate. Please, could you tell me wich one is? I am not able to find it anywhere...:(

Trying to answer to your questions:

"You don't need to check limits within each iteration of the loop, you don't need a loop at all". - Absolutely. The check should be done only once. I liked your solution of finding the max and min using the array Max&Min function.

"Why did you limit the temperature to integer values?" - I did it in that way because in the table I found it was with integer temp values. To be honest, I didn't try to interpolate between the values because I did not know that this function exist.

Best regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(511 Views)

Hi Jon,

the function before the Interpolation creates an array of clusters from the input arrays. You find it in the cluster function palette...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 18 of 19
(508 Views)

Perfect! Thank you very much.

I attached the VI, just if someone needs it (LV2016).

All the gratitude to GerdW.

Best regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(502 Views)