From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems cmw 500

Solved!
Go to solution

I am connected with R&S CMW 500 with ethernet cable and i want to realise a signaling GSM test but i have problems in some Vi of R&S palette

as show the picture below the problems about passing data between some VIs (vis in the red rectangle which have the problems)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,476 Views)

Hi Firas.Lachhab,

Since this driver is not supported by National Instruments, we do not have much information on the possible errors. I would recommend that you can visualize the proper way to configure the first VI. Also, you can try to verify downloading and installing again the IVI Driver from the following link:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=5EF7E4C0045D423FE0440003BA7CCD...

This is because the error says that the Attribute is not found. Verify compatibility and all require information on the Rohde-schwardz web page as well.

http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/en/driver/cmw500/

Luis C.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,399 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Firas.Lachhab

Hi Firas.Lachhab,

you are using 3 different instrument drivers:

rscmwgg

rscmwgs

rscmwgm

You can't use the same VISA session for them. You have to initialize 3 different sessions with:

rscmwgg Initialize.vi

rscmwgs Initialize.vi

rscmwgm Initialize.vi

and the use them separately.

BR

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,366 Views)

i've been tried and its works, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,335 Views)

Hi,

I am developping a code for GSM test using R&S CMW500, but i have serious problem in some functions like:

-Packet Switched UL Slot (using the default parameters)

-Packet Switched DL Slot (using the default parameters)

-MultiEval Measurements list mode ALL state (using the default parameters)

-Phase error Limits (using the default parameters)

-Fetch Multi Eval list Mode All phase error results (using the default parameters)

and It returns a varant errors like:

-Command protected

- error parameter state....

the only result that t succeeded to get it some times is the Phase error, the problem is that the program enter in mode run state but it doesn't show any results, and when i leave the remote mode, the run state work normaly (manually).

NB: when I run the test manually from CMW500, in the run case, i see a red circle that is writen (Underdriven and when I consult the help of Labview i find this explication: rscmwgm Read Multi Eval Phase Error Trace <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/pdf.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/web.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/nonscroll.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Underdriven: Measurement values available, however, the accuracy of some results may be impaired because the input signal level was too low

but i don't Know how to solve it.

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

FL

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,286 Views)

Hi Firas.Lachhab,

I would recommend asking the people of Rohde-Schwarz, because they are the ones that support this driver and may have the documentation about errors.

Luis C.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,263 Views)

Hi,

I asked one of the people of R&S but idon't have any reply until now for that i'm asking your help

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,218 Views)
Hi Firas, I'm working on cmw500 too and I face the same problem like u, labview can't find some attributs please would u like to give me more details about how to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,847 Views)