From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with data loading from subvi to another vi

you have a TRUE connected to the loop terminal (see 11.jpg), so the loop will run infinitly.

i'm not sure if you have shared/global variable in LV 6... but one way you might be able to do this without shared/global variable is to use VI reference (see 21.jpg and 31.jpg).  place a Static VI Reference on your block diagram, and right click on it and select browse for VI (or something like that), select the control panel VI, then add the invoke nodes as in the attachment.

sorry i can only use screen shots (i have LV 8, and the only previous version i can save is LV 7)

good luck!

Elsa

Message Edited by Elsa Fung on 05-04-2006 09:12 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(931 Views)

Here is a picture of the vi I sent you.

bye

CLD - Labview Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(914 Views)
oh, let me try, anyway thanks for your help.

regards
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(904 Views)

hi, Elsa, i have to trouble you again,

because i can not find that invoke node with Fp.open function and that do not konw how to create that control panel icon before the invoke node with FP.open function in labview 6.1, can you show me the detail, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(892 Views)

hmm.. LabVIEW 6 might not have the same features, but in LabVIEW 8:

to place the static VI reference (subVI "icon"), go to Application Control -> Static VI Reference block.  right click on the Static VI Reference block, and select Browse for Path.  select the subVI from the file dialog.

to place the invoke nodes, go to Application Control -> Invoke Node.  run a wire from the Static VI Reference to the input reference of the invoke node.  click on Method, and select Front Panel -> Open, Run VI or Control Value -> Get [Variant].

if you still can't find it, try searching "VI Reference" in LabVIEW help and see

Elsa

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(878 Views)
In 6.1, it is a property node that is FP.Open.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(873 Views)