LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with data loading from subvi to another vi

Hello

i have a problem with data loading from a subvi to another vi, the situation is i create a cluster and contained 4 arrays in a subvi,

now i want to pass the data that contained by these arrays to another cluster inside main vi.

I load the subvi to main vi and directly connect the two clusters, but i found no data came out from the subvi. so how can i do for this

problem.

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,218 Views)
how did you load the data in your main vi?  can you post your VIs or do a screen capture of them?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,203 Views)

Hi,

if your clusters are different you have to use "unbundle" and "bundle" cluster functions to extract each array from the source cluster and copy it to directly into the array element of the destination cluster.

see some labview examples

regards

CLD - Labview Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,201 Views)
Hi
i attach my vi to you

i want load data from control_panel.vi to main_menu.vi

thanks
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,197 Views)
Hi,
if I understood well your problem is a little bit different: you have to send data from a cluster to a listbox (I did't see any other cluster in your main vi).
See this example.
Regards
CLD - Labview Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,188 Views)
are you trying to load Data Storage into Main VI?  where in Main VI did you want to display it?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,183 Views)
hi, i am using version  6.1, i can not open your sample that you attached, can you attach another one for me, thanks

oh yeah, i realized i made a mistake, actually i hope insert the data to that 2D array and then display the things in the multicolumn listboxes, now i found i could not get anything from the subvi, therefore, i can not link them together.

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,181 Views)
one thing i just noticed in your subVI, is it suppose to be an infinity loop?  nothing is returned because your loop never finishes (so the subVI never finishes), you might want to use shared/global variable to synchonize between the VIs
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,180 Views)
oh, can you give me some detail information for that, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,175 Views)
oh, actually it should not be a infinity loop, do you mean  the problem is because it does not have a terminal in my loop.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,172 Views)