LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in building EXE

I build a project which includes several events, where will open a serial comport, read or write this comport.., it works ok in the PC with LabVIEW 8.2 development system installed.
Then I created an installer and an EXE.  In the installer dialog window, I selected NI runtime engine 8.2, NI-VISA runtime 4.0, NI-VISA Configuration Support 4.0 (by the way, there is no "Port I/O Support" in the dialig window as somebody mentioned in the previous forum).
Then run the application, it did not work, the errors occured whenever "VISA source name" was used in the VIs to open the comport, read/write the comport.
Please help!  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,364 Views)
Hello powermon,

Can you confirm in Add/Remove Programs that NI-VISA was actually included in the installer and installed on the PC?  You would check by going to Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs>>National Instruments Software>>Change.  A list will populate with the NI software you have installed, check that VISA did install and that you have the correct version. 

Thanks,

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,344 Views)

Hi, Meghan:

The problem that I posted before has been solved.  I realized that I didn't check hardware setting while building the installer.  Once I selected serial port at hardware setting when rebuilt the installer, the problem is gone, and everything works fine.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)