LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probes clusters

I created a cluster of numerics/booleans etc.then created a type def out of it.  I pass the cluster into a do while loop.  In the do while is a 2 button ("OK" or "ABORT") popup that asks user a question.  OK continues the do/while...ABORT.. stops it.  In order to get to the ABORT boolean I unbundle/bundle by name.  For some reason my program ran only 1x even when the user hit OK.  I put a probe on the boolean coming from the popup response and the probe was labeled w one of the other boolean names from my cluster ( "print report" ).  Yet if I put a probe on the cluster the abort boolean was true.. 

I have the code on my test set ( not on network) and not on this machine.  Plus propietary regs prevent me from posting.

Does it matter the probe was labeled w another name from my cluster??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,545 Views)

Hi Clint1000,

I’m a bit confused as to how you’re making your 2 button prompt. Can you elaborate on how you’re prompting the user for the Okay/Abort response? What version of LabVIEW are you using? I understand that your code is proprietary, but a small snippet of this section of the code could add some clarity. It sounds like you could use a Two Button Dialog function, in the Dialog and User Interface Palette, for the Okay/Abort functionality.

To answer your initial question, the probe will show you the name corresponding to where that segment of the wire originated. For example, if you incremented a numeric value, it will appear as “Numeric Control” (the name of the control) before the increment and “Probe” after you increment. I would look more into your code to determine why the other Boolean name is appearing.

Regards,

Brittany V

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,483 Views)

I'll try and post just the cluster to see if that helps..

I was just curious.  I know there were some older posts that had asked how the probe got its name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,473 Views)