From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probe number notation

Is it possible to change the notation of numbers shown in a probe? In my .vi, I compare the current time with a time in the near future. The time, of course, is in seconds, and is a very large number. I would like to watch the two numbers using the probes to see what happens when the current time meets the future time. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because the probes' notation cuts off the end digits of my numbers. For example, if my time in seconds is actually 98765432198765, the probe shows me "987654E6". This means I have no idea how close my seconds actually are.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)
Hello,

If you use custum probes, you can do many things that you cannot with normal probes.
You can create your own new probes, with code in it and all the formatting you want and also pause the code if some condition occurs.

Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,306 Views)
You could even build one that subtracts the two values and displays the difference.

Of course you could also do this on the front panel, then just delete it when you don't need it anymore. I do this quite a bit.

The standard probes are what they are. There is no modifing them. That's why NI developed a way for us to make custom probes.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,301 Views)
custom probes also presumes using one of the 7.x versions of LabVIEW

PM
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,296 Views)